Friday, December 16, 2011

Work-At-Home Scams

Money’s tight these days so I have been seriously considering working at home. I have some accounting and bookkeeping experience, worked in a medical billing office. I thought there would be no problem at all finding some small company to keep books for. I checked medical transcription jobs and work at home listings on Craig’s List. All I came up with was a web based company offering me an opportunity of a life-time selling ads on the internet, where I could earns hundreds of dollars per month in additional income. I passed, you can’t trust that especially something on CL. People who use CL either get ripped off or murdered.

I just gave up on that. So where is a safe place to find work at home? It seems that there aren’t many, in these hard times there is no shortage of us people looking for a chance to make a couple of extra bucks. There is also no shortage of perpetrators to take advantage. In this Forbes article: “Work-At-Home Scams to Avoid” there some pretty eye opening stats from the FTC (Federal Trade Commission).

I think I’ll give up the job search.

No comments:

Post a Comment