Thursday, April 28, 2011

Solitude interrupted

My older sister along with my nephew stopped by yesterday afternoon for a visit. She is the second oldest of five, me being the youngest. It seems that we have opposite opinions on most issues, but somehow we manage to get along, as long as we stay off the topics of politics and religion. I don’t see much use in quibbling over differences we have, I just decided that I don’t have much need to be right. Anyway you just have to give people some credit for being adults, it’s futile to try to convince people to come around to your way of thinking. So all in all it was a good visit. I was glad that they stopped by.

1 comment:

  1. I used to feel like it was my duty to fight for my beliefs and make sure that everyone knew exactly what I thought and where I stood. I'd debate until I was blue in the face.

    Now though, I'm less inclined to do so and agree that there's not much use in trying to convince anyone. Maybe I'm more comfortable with who I am and what I believe and don't have to convince myself as much?

    I don't think there's anything that I can ever say to change someone's mind, but if I lead what I think is a good life and by example, the actions will speak louder than words.

    ReplyDelete